“Bestinet”, “our”, “us” and “we”, refers to Bestinet Sdn Bhd and any holding, related, associated and subsidiary companies.
“personal data or information” means any information or data in connection with any actual or potential transaction(s)/relationship with us, which relates directly or indirectly to you, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in our possession and includes information such as your name, identity card, passport or other identification document(s), telephone numbers(s), mailing address(es), place of birth, age, occupation, marital status, information and any other information relating to you which you may have submitted to us. Personal data or information may include sensitive personal data which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of any offence or any other information as may be prescribed by the privacy legislation/laws.
1.SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The security of personal data about you is our priority. We will and will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that our affiliates will implement reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data that is within our or their custody or control against unauthorized or unlawful processing and accidental destruction or loss.
2.CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOLD:
What kind and nature of personal data we collect and where it comes from may include:
- personal data we collect on applications for use of this facility/service, such as name, identity card number, passport number, address, e-mail address, telephone number, place of birth, age, marital status, bank account details, occupation, medical details, information of spouse/children, gender, nationality and date of birth
- any other information relating to you which you may have submitted to us
3.USE AND DISCLOSURE
The primary purposes for which we collect and process personal information about you are:
- to provide you with our goods and services;
- to provide you with advertising, marketing and promotional materials about Bestinet (unless you choose not to receive them);
- to verify your identity and background
- to establish a relationship between you and us and/or our affiliates
- to manage our business and your relationship with us including managing and maintaining your account(s) with us for data processing purposes
- to evaluate and monitor provision of services
- to respond to inquiries, requests and complaints from you and to resolve disputes
- to understand your needs and offering products and services to meet those needs
- for research and development of services for your use
- for enforcement of our rights and obligations of other parties to us and/or our affiliates
- for assessing, processing and investigating risks and claims
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements
- to maintain and protect our offices and server(s)
- for risk management including prevention, detection and investigation of crime, including fraud
- for such other purposes as permitted or required by applicable law or with your consent
- for all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
We treat your personal information as strictly private and confidential. We will not disclose your personal information outside Bestinet unless:
you have given your consent to the disclosure
- to any of our affiliates in and outside Malaysia;
- to any agent, contractor, vendor, service provider, professional advisers (such as lawyers and financial advisers), auditors, and other parties which we or our affiliates may use in connection with our or our affiliates businesses;
- any actual or proposed assignee, participant, sub-participant or transferee of any of our rights or obligations;
- our strategic alliance partners for marketing and promotional purposes but this will be subject to your express consent;
- any liquidator, receiver, official assignee or any person appointed under applicable law or court order relating to bankruptcy, liquidation, winding up in respect of any individual or company;
- to such parties as we or our affiliates may be required by legal process or pursuant to any other foreign or domestic legal, regulatory, stock exchange, clearing house or self-regulatory body obligation or request, or agreement entered into by any of them and any governmental authority, domestic or foreign, or between or amongst any two or more domestic or foreign governmental authorities or other authorities, including disclosure to courts, tribunals, legal, regulatory, tax and government authorities, stock exchanges, clearing houses and self-regulatory bodies;
- any parties authorized by you; and
- to such parties as may be permitted or required under Malaysia law.
Where possible, we collect your personal information directly from you. We do not disclose your personal information (including your email address) to any third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or services to you.
We may share your information with authorized third party service providers. We provide services through third parties that may perform services on our behalf. We encourage third party service providers to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your personal data is governed by the privacy policies of the third parties and is not subject to our control.
Personal Data of Third Parties:
Where the personal data processed by us is personal data of third parties (who are natural persons or individuals) obtained by, or provided to us in connection with your transactions (actual or proposed)/relationship with us, you confirm that such persons have consented to the processing of their personal data in accordance with this agreement and any applicable laws and you will inform them to visit our website to view this agreement.
Third Party Information
Third parties may provide information displayed on our website. The third-party information displayed on our website, if any, is not necessarily sponsored, endorsed, recommended, or licensed by Bestinet. The third parties ought to be contacted directly regarding any inquiries or for more information on their website policies.
Third Party Links
Our website may provide links to other Internet sites. Bestinet has no control over such sites. Bestinet does not endorse nor is it responsible for, any such sites or the information, material, products or services contained on or accessible through those other Internet sites.
Please note that your personal data is necessary for Bestinet to carry out the aforesaid purposes. The failure to supply such personal data will or may:
result in Bestinet unable to provide you with our services;
result in Bestinet unable to provide you with our marketing and promotional materials;
results in Bestinet unable to communicate notices, value added services and updated to you.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
a) Right to request access to personal data
You are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us and we will revert within fourteen (14) working days.
b) Right to request correction of personal data
You are entitled to request the correction of your personal data that is held by us with reasonable notice. With respect to this, you may:
request correction and/or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
request retention of your personal data only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose stated above;
request to withdraw (in full or in part) of your consent previously given to us subject to applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue to provide you with our services.
5. RETENTION OF DATA
Any of your personal data provided to us is retained as long as the purposes for which the personal data is collected continues. Your personal data is then destroyed from our records and system in accordance with our retention policy in the event your personal data is no longer required for the said purposes or no longer required to meet our operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
6. PERSONAL DATA FROM MINORS AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS
With regards to the personal data of your family, spouse and/or other dependents that you have or will be providing, you confirm that you have explained to the them that their personal data have been provided to, and processed by us, and you represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent to the processing (including disclosure and transfer) of their personal data in accordance to this policy. In respect to minors (i.e. individuals under the age of 18) and or individuals not legally competent to give consent, you confirm that you are authorized to act for them, to consent on their behalf to the processing (including disclosure and transfer) of their personal data in accordance to this policy.
7. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF MALAYSIA
It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside of Malaysia if any of our subsidiaries, service providers or agents are located outside of Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your personal information outside Malaysia if it is necessary to provide our service. We shall take necessary steps to ensure that any such subsidiaries, providers or agents are contractually bound not to use your personal data for any reason other than to provide the services mentioned, in the interest of safeguarding your personal data.
8. LOG FILES
When you access this website, we may make a record of your server address, domain name, browser type, the date, time and duration of your visit, the pages you accessed and the previous website you visited. This information is collected for statistical and security purposes. If you contact us through our website, we will ask you to provide your name, e-mail address and other information about you in order to provide you with a practical and helpful response. We may also collect other information that you provide to us voluntarily.
10. DATA INTEGRITY
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date, having regard to the purpose for which your personal information was collected or processed. We ask that you contact us to update or change your personal information if you become aware that any of the personal information we hold about you is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete.
11. SENSITIVE INFORMATION
We do not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you (such as physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of any offence) unless you explicitly consent, or where such processing is necessary in connection with employment, to protect vital interests, for medical purposes, legal proceedings or for legal advice, administration of justice or for the exercise of any functions conferred by law or where such sensitive information has become public.
12. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may make a request to us in writing to access or correct the personal information we hold about you at any time, unless such access or correction is not feasible or permitted by law. We may charge you a fee to cover the costs of retrieval, correction and copying, which will not be excessive and will not apply to lodging a request for access or correction.
13. INFORMATION OWNERSHIP
14. AMENDMENTS TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change, modify or revise the User Agreement from time to time. If we change, modify or revise the User Agreement, we will post the amended statement on the website. All amendments are effective from the time of posting on our website. It is your responsibility to check periodically for any changes we may make to the User Agreement or part of it. Your continued use of the website following such posting means you accept the changes, modifications or revisions (as the case may be) to the User Agreement without limitation or qualification.
Bestinet may at its sole discretion, with or without notice, suspend or terminate your use of our website for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation a violation of the terms of this agreement. Bestinet may also prevent you from further use of our website. Bestinet will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any suspension, termination or prohibition of future access.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Bestinet, its affiliates, its governing board, officers, agents, employees, partners, funders and suppliers from any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, and expenses (including reasonable lawyer’s fees) related to (a) your use of our website; or (b) violations of this agreement.
17. UPDATES TO THIS AGREEMENT
We may update this agreement from time to time by putting it up at our website or any other suitable methods. Do periodically review this agreement at our website to stay informed.
This agreement is not intended to, nor does it, create any contractual rights, nor does it create any contractual obligations on Bestinet, in respect of any other party or on behalf of any party.
18. GOVERNING LAW
The governing law for this agreement is the law of Malaysia irrespective of your current location or jurisdiction when registering or accessing/using our website.
19. CONTACT US
For further information or clarification on personal data access, correction, deletion or any other information, please contact us through the following details:
Position : Customer Service Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel no. : (+60) 3 8800 7000
Address : Block 5, Corporate Park, Star Central, Lingkaran Cyber Point Timur, Cyber 12, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
I acknowledge and accept that I have read the content of this User Agreement and agree to them.
Date : Dec, 2019